Are Online Weight-Loss Programs the Best Way to Lose Weight?
Obesity or being more than just a bit overweight is a pressing issue in today’s society and many of us have fallen victim to this new world lifestyle disease.
Unfortunately, there is much to be said when people living in countries like Africa suffer from starvation while people like us are living in developed countries and are dealing with obesity problems; mostly because of our diet and lifestyle choices, with the result that we end up being forced to look for an online solution to cut the fat.
This has caused a huge boom in the marketing of weight loss products, many of which are a waste of money.
Because the weight loss industry has become such a huge market it is no wonder it has become so attractive to the ‘big boys’ of marketing.
Massive profits are the reason for the plethora of online weight loss programs…….usually at your expense. These companies tend to be more concerned with their bottom line profits than your weight loss success.
They are all lurking out there in cyberspace, plying you with dubious claims, just waiting to suck your hard earned money out of your wallet.
The main reason why weight gain techniques (strange as it may seem some people really are trying to gain weight) are rarely seen on the Internet and why weight loss programs are rampant is because (apart from the huge money to be made) many people are negligent of their diet or have lifestyle diseases which cause them to gain excessive weight and are looking for help.
Therefore, people turn to good old Mr. Google in search of a solution.
So while I was checking out the latest research on weight loss (to save you some leg work) I put this list together (in no particular order):
The 8 most popular online weight loss programs:
1. Xenical and a plethora of other dubious weight loss pills
2. Isagenix and a multitude of other detox type products
3. Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation
4. Ashy Bines Bikini Body Challenge
6. The Biggest Loser Diet and Exercise Plan
7. Diet clinics – companies like Weight Watchers Online and Jenny Craig
8. Gastric banding, which can be quite extreme and I feel is more of a last ditch measure.
I also recommend you check out this link for one of the best weight loss programs reviews that I came across in my research for some of the best ways to lose weight and keep it off.
One thing I did neglect to mention that is gaining a huge amount of traction in the diet food market these days is the proliferation of meal delivery services. Convenient, time saving and totally painless, no wonder it is lauded as the next big thing in weight loss and diet programs that really work.
I am sure you too will have no trouble finding any number of glowing testimonials from high profile figures with pictures of their amazing transformations but don’t forget they have the time and the money to devote to their bodies………it is part of their job description.
So to help level the playing field I have put together my 7 top weight loss tips to help separate the wheat from the chaff and to save you endless hours of trawling through copious pages of suspect information which is often difficult to understand.
Since there is a myriad of online weight loss programs available today, so apart from trial and error, just how do you determine the best one for you and your particular problem when you are serious about losing weight?
As many people tell me…..it can be very confusing.
7 Traps You Need to Avoid with Online Weight Loss Programs:
1) A weight loss program that works for someone else may not necessarily work for you because everyone’s body is unique.
2) Never select a weight loss program based solely on the testimonials it has on the website. Although several of the testimonials may be very convincing and seem to prove a program is highly effective, these cannot always be trusted and should not influence your final decision.
The way to choose the right online weight loss program is to do some research yourself and make your own decisions based on unbiased and preferably scientific evidence.
3) If the company you are interested in has its address and contact information listed (which it should), contact and visit them.
See what their office is like and how they consult with you. Are they pushy salespeople or are they genuinely interested in your problem?
Only after taking these observations into consideration as well as various reviews from other clients should you make your decision.
4) Don’t be misled by the claims Companies make in press releases and various promotions. Instead, look for the specifics of the online weight loss program and learn exactly what they are offering.
5) Check to see if the program requires you to get a certain supplement/s or equipment to do special exercises of if they have a specific diet plan.
In other words, what else do you have to buy to do their program……commonly known as add-ons.
Most of the online weight loss programs will tell you about special diets to follow, how to fix the timing of your meals, food allocation, and what you need to avoid eating or doing.
6) You will find some of the other weight loss plans will preach about certain exercises and then combine them with dieting and the taking of some supplements (which they also provide).
You have to determine exactly what you are getting for your money. Is it a one up cost or monthly ongoing payments?
7) And lastly, be very wary of all those wild claims guaranteeing huge weight losses in short periods of time. I have to agree it is possible to do but it is bad for your body and the results WILL NOT last.
You CAN lose a significant amount of weight over a three to four month period by changing your diet and lifestyle and by also adding some exercise. I can guarantee you this is the only lasting way to lose weight…….and once you start, don’t stop.
Still need some more helpful weight loss ideas……then check out this article I wrote: 5 Simple Diet Changes That Will Make You Lose Weight…..Guaranteed.
In the end you really have to consider how much you can afford or are prepared to spend in dollar terms, what you think is going to suit your particular problem and time schedule and whether you can stick to the plan.
Everyone is different so don’t be afraid to make some changes to suit your own particular environment.
The main thing is, keep track of what you are doing (both exercise and diet) and make sure you are on a path of steady progress…….if not, make the necessary changes. Do it, because the future of your health and fitness depends on it.
So, in the long term, to get the best results for your diet and fitness efforts, it comes back to the good old Stephen Covey story: “If it is to be, it is up to me”.
Being blunt, weight loss is 75% of what goes down your throat…
…..in other words, the simple fact is…..you have to cut out the crap to lose the fat.
I don’t apologize for being so blunt as this is the message we all have to face if we want to have a healthy mind and body free of all those life threatening lifestyle diseases which end up making your retirement years a misery.
And being retired myself I can guarantee you that the thing you value most in retirement is good health.
Many of my friends are not so fortunate so I encourage you to start now before it is too late.
Conquer that one and then add some regular moderate (and ongoing) exercise which will tone and tighten what has been let go for all those years. You will then have a new sense of well-being and a totally fresh outlook on life that you never even thought possible. I guarantee it.
Awaken the giant within and take a massive leap forward.
Good luck with your journey…….if you need some help then just ask.
Cheers – John (your Active Ageing Mentor and Coach).
“Weight loss is a personal journey, and while you may run with others, no one runs for you.” – Shay Sorrells
P.S. Help a friend…….like and share.
Leave a Reply